MORE than Mommy Makeover Ready – You’re an ideal candidate for a Mommy Makeover! What are you waiting for?
Great job, mama! Even though you live a healthy lifestyle, no amount of hitting the gym or dieting has brought your old body back, and, unfortunately, it never will. No support bra in the world will prevent your breasts from sagging after pregnancy and breastfeeding; and everyone knows a growing baby wreaks havoc on the abdominal area – not to mention the amount of vaginal stretching that occurs on the way out! It’s been far too long since you really felt good about yourself in your own skin, enjoyed trying on clothes or confidently took your kids swimming while wearing your favorite bikini. You’ve been considering plastic surgery for a while, done your research and talked it over with your partner – now it’s time to treat yo’self to a Mommy Makeover!
Once you’ve made the decision to say “yes” to a Mommy Makeover, here’s how to prepare:
- Choose the right surgeon: Not all surgeons are created equal! Do your research to choose a skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon (not just a cosmetic surgeon) experienced in handling issues at least as complex as your own. (At Music City Plastic Surgery, we know the importance of delivering an unparalleled plastic surgery experience!)
- Talk it over with your children: Tailor the conversation to best fit your little ones in a way that assuages any fears and helps them maintain a positive body image.
- Set a recovery plan: After the surgery, you’ll need someone nearby to help with personal care and childcare for at least a week, preferably longer, and you’ll be out of work for a couple of weeks.
- Prep your home: Clean the house, do the laundry, stock the fridge, put the takeout menus by the phone, arrange car pools, and make lists and calendars as far in advance as possible.
- Center yourself: It’s totally normal to feel some anxiety or doubts leading up to your surgery. If you need to put the brakes on the emotional rollercoaster, talk to your doctor for a reminder of how safe a Mommy Makeover really is!
For more in-depth guidance to prepare for your Mommy Makeover, check out Dr. Burgdorf’s bestselling book, The Mommy Makeover: Restoring Your Body After Childbirth.
Share your experience
We want to hear about your Mommy Makeover journey!
We are having a conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #MommyMakeover, and we invite you to share your experience with us. You can also reach us through our website, like us on Facebook, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or send us an email.
Thank you for participating in this quiz. We are eager to connect with you and guide you on your Mommy Makeover road to renewal!